Here at The Meadows Early Learning Center we do things quite differently than other preschools. We understand the importance of early learning in a preschool setting and encouraging families to feel part of our community.
What makes us stand out?
- Our outdoor curriculum! Our children spend a minimum of two hours outside reconnecting with nature. We are the ONLY SCHOOL in Parker that does this. Teachers at The Meadows take their curriculum outside for children to learn in a new environment. In our outdoor classrooms we have stations for art, music, block play, reading and science.
- We treat our teachers the way teachers should be treated. For too long people have complained that teachers in this field are under paid, underappreciated and overworked but no one has put forth true ways of changing this. Here at The Meadows our teachers are given two weeks of PTO when they start with us and then earn another week for every year of service. They receive dramatically reduced tuition rates, they only pay to cover food. The teachers have paid planning time each week. Most importantly though, they are encouraged, respected, mentored, pushed to do more and appreciated on a daily basis. We currently have a waiting list of teachers wanting to be part of our team!
- Social Emotional development is a critical part of child development and an aspect that we stress at all time. Children learn empathy through taking care of classroom pets, they learn respect for themselves and others by learning about their emotions and they lean patience through play. Our children learn to appropriately advocate for themselves, ask for help, assist others, be empathetic and strive to make the world a better place.
- Food. Yum. Our food is catered in daily by a local caterer that brings in all natural, preservative free food with no added sugars, sodium or artificial colors. We don’t smear cheese all over broccoli or pour sugar onto watermelon; we want children to learn the true taste of food and how great it can be. Our teachers eat lunch with the children and facilitate family style dinning, as everyone sits around and passes the food teachers can facilitate conversations about where food comes from, how it grows and ways to provide sustainability with our resources.
- No Immunization Exceptions. We do not accept any children without full immunizations. If your child has a documented medical reason that does not allow a specific immunization there can be a discussion between management, your family and South Denver Infectious Disease to see if their enrollment is still within the realm of possibility.
The Meadows Early Learning Center is committed to equal opportunity for all students, staff and families.
It is our policy that no one shall be treated differently, separately, or have any action directly affecting him or her taken on the basis of race, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
The immediate remedy for any act of discrimination shall be to end it, treat the individual equally, and, as much as practically possible, to eradicate any effects of discrimination.